Marlie Caban, Senior Associate
- Accredited Specialist Local Government & Planning Law
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Newcastle
- Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Newcastle
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW
Areas of Practice:
- Planning & environmental law
- Local government advice and litigation
- Compulsory acquisition
- Power of attorney
- Enduring guardian
Marlie is part of the legal team at Cessnock and commenced work with Mallik Rees Lawyers in 2006 following her graduation and admission.
In 2012 Marlie became an Accredited Specialist in Local Government & Planning Law and is one of only nine women to have obtained this Specialist Accreditation in New South Wales.
Marlie has ten years’ experience practicing exclusively in the local government area. She has developed a broad range of expertise in local government, planning, environment and related areas of law.