Rebecca Watts, Lawyer
- Completed a double degree at the University of Wollongong
- Bachelor of Law and Arts with Distinction - Major in Sociology and Minor in Philosophy
- Summer Law Program at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Australian National University
- Admission as a Lawyer to the Supreme Court of NSW
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial Law
- Purchase and Sale of Business
- Share shale agreements
- Leases on behalf of landlords and tenants and arranging deed of assignments or surrender of leases
- Drafting tailored terms and conditions for businesses
- Drafting and advising on employment agreements
- Drafting and advising on subcontractor agreements
- Drafting secured and unsecured loan agreements
- Advising on guarantor documents
- Preparing partnership agreements
- Property law transactions including home equity release schemes
- Drafting privacy policies to comply with the Privacy Act
- Advising clients on legal risks and issues prior to entering into agreements
- Advising clients on their options if they have already entered into a contract
- Analysing agreements to identify unfair contract terms in accordance with the unfair contracts regime
- Intellectual Property including Trademarks
- Advising clients on the implications, effects and function of the Personal Property and Securities Act
- Working with businesses to improve their processes and procedures
- Advising on business structures
- Correctly executing and witnessing contracts and agreements with clients
- Drafting and advising on Wills, Powers of attorney and Enduring Guardianships
- Family Law
Rebecca chose to pursue a career in law after finishing legal studies in high school and receiving early entry into the University of Wollongong to study law. From the get go Rebecca realised that the law was interesting, challenging and rewarding, it would always keep her thinking on her feet.
Rebecca joined Coutts in 2013 as a paralegal and worked across all the legal and conveyancing departments. This has given Rebecca exposure to many different areas of law. Rebecca also has Family Law experience and woks to assist people through difficult and stressful times. Rebecca now works in the Coutts Commercial Law Team and loves working with clients and businesses to achieve their goals.
Rebecca’s exposure in the Commercial Law Team has been wide and provided her with the opportunity to work with several different clients such as one of Australia’s major universities across a number of their faculties, a large and growing builder in the Sydney South West region and multiple local businesses in the Macarthur Area.
One of Rebecca’s favourites quotes to say to new clients is ‘be proactive not reactive’. Rebecca’s practice resolves around preparing and negotiating all types of agreements, contracts and business deals. Rebecca believes that if you can get the agreement right from the beginning, you can mitigate your legal risks and the potential for issues and disputes to arise in the future.
Rebecca thrives on seeing her clients grow and enjoys meeting with people on site or at their headquarters to get a feel for the way they run things and what a win means to them.
Rebecca also spends time volunteering at local community legal centres to provide free legal advice to those in need.