Rob Mallik, Special Counsel
02 4990 1266 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diploma in Law
- Solicitors admission Board 1975
- Graduate Diploma in Law
- College of Law 1976
- Accredited Specialist Local Government & Planning Law
- Accredited Mediator
- Australian Commercial Disputes Centre
- Member of the Northern Joint Regional Planning Panel
- Previous Supreme Court Cost Assessor
- Previous Member of Supreme Court Cost Review Panel
Areas of Practice:
- Planning & environment law
- Litigation class (1-6)
- Environmental crime
- Local government advice and litigation
- Code of conduct matters
- Public enquiries for council
- Prosecution under the local government and associated acts
- Drafting planning, agreements
- Compulsory acquisitions
- Rating advice and appeals
Rob has over 35 years experience and was one of the state’s first Accredited Specialists in Local Government and Planning Law and has represented clients in numerous landmark cases in the Land and Environment Court, the Court of Appeal and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
He has extensive experience in alternate dispute resolution and is an accredited Commercial Mediator. Rob was also an appointed Arbitrator under the Arbitrator's Civil Claims Act for 10 years.
Rob is a former Supreme Court Cost Assessor. During this time he conducted over 600 cost assessments on behalf of the Supreme Court and is recognised as an expert in costs in the Land and Environment Court. He was also an appointed as a member of the Supreme Court Cost Assessor Review Panel.
Rob has served as a member of the Law Society Specialist Accreditation Committee (Local Government and Planning Law) for 10 years prior to his retirement from that position in 2010. The Committee sets the syllabus and sets and marks the exams for persons seeking Specialist Accreditation under the New South Wales Law Society Specialist Accreditation Scheme.
Rob has recently been appointed a member of the Northern Joint Regional Planning Panel as a representative for Gunnedah Shire Council.