Today Melina of our office participated in a webinar covering the new Contract for Sale of Land as well as various amendments to legislation. Some changes/notable items mentioned in the webinar that may affect you are below:
- The Contract has been updated so that it allows for electronic Conveyancing
- The addition of provisions which make the Contract more fair
- A provision to allow for the Buyer’s Agents to be noted on Page 1 of the 2014 edition of the Contract for Sale of Land
- Amendments to the Contract for Sale to allow for legislative updates (including Swimming Pool Amendment Act and Home Building Amendment Act)
- Changes to the Home Building Amendment Act which provide for successors of owner builder works to have to disclose the same. This Act is likely to commence on 1 December 2014.