Carrie Alton, LAwyer
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New England
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Certificate of Business Skills, College of Law
- Mediator Training (College of Law)
- Admitted to Supreme Court of New South Wales
Areas of Practice:
- Wills and Estates
- Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship
- Sale and Purchase Residential Conveyancing
- Sale of Business
- Guardianship Tribunal Disputes
- Traffic Law/ AVO Advice
Carrie joined the legal team at the Coutts in January 2018. Carrie currently works across a wide range of areas but predominantly in our Wills & Estates and Property Law team in our Cessnock office. Carrie currently holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England and has been admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Prior to joining the Coutts team, Carrie gained legal experience as both a paralegal and solicitor by working in a community legal centre dealing with parenting disputes, traffic law, debt, apprehended violence orders and victim services compensation matters. She has also spent time as an advocate, providing support and guidance for people with disabilities, communicating client options in a wide variety of areas including internal NDIS appeals, Centrelink appeals, s32 dismissals and complaints against police as well as providing community education in these areas.
Carrie assists the Coutts Legal team in a variety of practice areas, including but not limited to the Wills & Estates law, the Commercial law and Property law. Carrie has been involved in various matters including:
- Drafting and provision of advice in relation to estate planning including Wills, trust deeds, power of attorney, appointment of enduring guardian and binding death superannuation nominations.
- Preparation of documentation for the Supreme Court of New South Wales in regards to Probate and Letters of Administration.
- Preparation and execution of Transmission Applications, Transfer of Property to Devisee and Notices of Death.
- Assisted in the preparation of legal advice in regard to Family Provisional Claims including advice regarding Deeds of Family Arrangement.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of Guardianship tribunal Applications.
- Reviewing and advising on Contracts for Sale of Land for Purchasers in New South Wales including negotiation of contract conditions and issuing Contracts for Sale of Land for Vendors from commencement to completion.
- Reviewing and advising on Retirement Village Contracts and seeing through Purchase from the outset to completion.
- Reviewing and advising on the complexities of guarantor documents and requirements associated with the Purchase of Residential Property.
- Appearance in the Local Court for traffic offences, apprehended violence orders and minor criminal matters including pleas in mitigation.
- Drafting and negotiating Lease agreements and Sale of Business.