Emma Harrison, LAWYER
- Bachelor of Laws, The University of Wollongong
- Bachelor of Psychological Science, The University of Wollongong
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Certificate of Legal Business Skills
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Commercial Law
Emma has been an employee of Coutts Solicitors and Conveyancers since October 2017. She works in the areas of Criminal and Family law out of our Campbelltown Office.
Emma utilises both her degrees to ensure her career in law is people focused, ensuring the best possible outcomes for her clients both legally and personally.
Emma has recently returned from a 6-month Secondment with the University of Wollongong, where she gained extensive experience in the creation of procurement and project administration toolboxes, assisting in the implementation and use of Government Contract documentation.
Emma uses consistent case management to ensure movement of matters resulting in better client outcomes and a smooth progression from beginning to end.
As a Macarthur local you can ensure that Emma knows the best spots for an outdoor adventure and a great place to get a bite to eat.
Tasks and Duties:
- Aligning documents to internal policies and practical requirements of the client, as opposed to merely taking the ‘legal-logic’ approach.
- Sourcing many examples of relevant documents for holistic background research in preparation for drafting.
- Attending additional training in the usage and implementation of government contracts and using that training to create documents that better support smooth contract management.
- Negotiating an agreement between the Client and Contractor(s) in a timely manner by setting regular times to communicate and progress matters with the Client, resulting in a steady stream of delivered outcomes.
- Understanding not only the nature of the service being engaged but also how it was particularly applicable to the client through communicating with the client, ascertaining the background of the documentation, and discussing their proposed strategy for moving forward with the works or maintenance.
- Taking instructions from clients in relation to Family law matters involving Property Settlements and Children;
- Attending initial appointments and taking client instructions in relation to Criminal and Family Law matters;
- Drafting letters of advice to clients in Family Law matters;
- Involvement in matters regarding rights of Grandparents;
- Drafting Initiating Applications and Notice of Risk in Family Law matters;
- Drafting Application for Consent Orders and Proposed Orders by Consent;
- Experience drafting Affidavits in a range of Family Law matters;
- Filing court documents in Family Law matters;
- Drafting letters of offer in Family Law matters;
- Drafting letters of advice in a variety of Family Law matters;
- Preparing briefs for Counsel;
- Preparing observations of brief to Counsel;
- Drafting criminal representations; and
- Attending Court for Criminal Law matters and liaising with clients about what to expect on the day.