Adriana Care, Partner
- Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Admitted to the Supreme Court and the High Court of Australia
Areas of Practice:
- Property and commercial law including major developments
- Service and licence agreements
- Industrial, Commercial and retail leases
- Contractual disputes
- Leasing disputes
- Civil disputes
- Representing clients at local court, district court, supreme court mediations and hearings in relation to commercial disputes.
Adriana acts for large commercial financial institutions in relation to corporate governance, and the provision of retail and wholesale credit and funding facilities for both the commercial and consumer market.
She also acts for a range of ADIs, finance companies, vendor introduces and equipment lessors. She acts for a number of franchisor and franchisees, as well as small property developers, builders and commercial property leases and debt recovery. Adriana has also worked in the fields of insolvency, commercial disputes and litigation and occupational.
Adriana brings councils significant experience in commercial property matters of over 20 years.
Property: Adriana has acted on a number of property transactions with over 20 years experience working with a range of clients including corporate, public and private companies, property developers and residential and commercial builders in relation to:
- Conveyancing – buying and selling property both residential and commercial properties
- Leases both for the landlord and tenant in commercial, retail and industrial including disputes regarding such leases between the landlord and tenant
- Off the plan sales and purchases
- Advising parties on their acquisition structures;
- Property disputes; and
- Compulsory acquisition with both local and state government.
Adriana has also been involved in drafting and negotiating large property transactions which include Put and Call Options and delayed acquisitions and nominations. Adriana has also been involved in acting for numerous parties on compulsory acquisitions and being part of advisory boards and committees in relation to compulsory land acquisitions and planning on behalf of the local communities and general public.
Commercial: Adriana has over 20 years’ experience in acting in commercial transactions which include acting for large commercial financial institutions which has included acting for a range of ADI’s, finance companies, vendor introducers and equipment lessors in relation to corporate governance, the provision of retail and wholesale credit and funding facilities for both the commercial and human market.
In addition, Adriana acts for several businesses from start up to large corporations in relation to structure, setting up trusts, incorporation of companies and shareholder and partnership agreements as well as sole trader and family business. Adriana has provided legal advice in relation to terms of trade, employment agreements, liability and risk for such entities as well as consumer warranties as well as negotiating supplier contracts as well as acting for parties in disputes and dispute resolution. Adriana was in house counsel for Wizard Home Loans and assisted to provide all the legal support and drafting all agreements in relation to their branch structures across Australia and New Zealand for Wizard as the franchisor. Adriana has also had extensive experience for franchisees in Australia.