Alexandra Johnstone, Senior Associate
1300 268 887 | email@example.com
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Western Sydney University
- Bachelor of Social Science (Criminology and Juvenile Justice), Western Sydney University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Wollongong
- Diploma of Project Management, University of New England Partnerships
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial contract negotiation and drafting
- Procurement and tendering including advice with respect to tender compliance
- Service agreements
- Sponsorship and collaborative agreements
- Intellectual property agreements
- Leasing and licences
- Trademark availability and advice
- Labour hire agreements
- Competition and consumer advice and drafting of terms
- Privacy policies and non-disclosure statements
- Advice on compliance with Australian regulatory bodies
- Agreements, advice and compliance with overseas third party policies
Alexandra brings a wealth of over 17 years commercial law experience to Coutts, joining the team in May 2017. Her experience as a senior in-house lawyer has seen her develop a well-rounded legal skill set that will be of direct benefit to the commercial law clients of Coutts.
Alex's experience has seen her work in roles for some of Australia's leading universities, on large scale government projects, energy and waste projects, infrastructure and utilities projects, in construction law and as in-house counsel for a major agency for the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. Alex’s responsibilities included drafting of and advice with respect to contracts, project structuring and full contract suites including from initial procurement phases right through to contract delivery and completion.
In addition to the roles held as a direct result of her legal skill set, Alex has also held positions such as senior university lecturer and mentor. She was responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of entirely new commercial law practice course content and ensured that students understood and could implement the fundamentals for practice as required for successful commercial legal practice.
Alex is methodical in her approach to providing advice and acting on commercial law matters, and she excels in educating all parties in terms of the commercial risks and options to address those risks; the parties’ legal rights and their obligations in any given situation.